Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin put together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen.
Here's this year's list:
* The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1983.
* They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
* Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
* Bottle caps have always been screw off and the bottles plastic.
* The CD was introduced the year they were born.
* They have always had an answering machine.
* They have always had cable.
* They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
* Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
* Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
* They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
* They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
* They do not care who shot J.R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
* McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
* They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Do you feel old yet?